I came across a poem I'd like to share.
The Scriptures and the T.V. Guide
The dilemma of not having enough time to
study the scriptures reminds me of this poem:
On the table side by side,
The scriptures and the T.V. Guide.
One is well worn and cherished with pride.
Not the scriptures, but the T.V. Guide.
One is used daily to help folks decide,
Nope, not the scriptures, but the T.V. Guide.
As pages are turned what shall they see,
Oh, what does it matter— turn on the T.V.
The word of God is seldom read,
Perhaps a verse before they fall into bed.
Exhausted and sleepy, tired as can be,
Not from the scriptures, but from watching T.V.
So back to the table side by side,
There sit the scriptures and the T.V. Guide.
The Plan of Salvation is for you and for me,
But it’s found in the scriptures, not on T.V.
Although I don't own a T.V. Guide. It puts in perspective where our priorities should lie.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Posted by
Michelle
at
11:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What's new?
Post a Comment