Wednesday, January 14, 2009








We had a great holiday season. These pictures were taken at a Santa's Cottage event at the elementary school. It was hosted by the Parents as Teachers program were are involved in. As you can see they had a reindeer, Mrs. Clause, and Santa. Is it wrong of me as a parent to just LOVE the picture of Julia crying with Santa? It's one of my favorites. The thing is she's usually not afraid of strangers. In fact that very same morning she walked up to a teenager she didn't know, with her arms out wanting her to pick her up. The girls had a great time. Natalie made a gingerbread house, and got to meet a gingerbread man, which she was very excited about. She remembers making ginger bread houses with Grandma Maddox last year and can't stop talking about it. They also made other cute ornaments, and reindeer food. Natalie got to pick out some gifts on her own as well. Uncle Kevin got a travel trivia game which, I'm sure he'll use often, lol. Aunt Nicole got a cute little velvet purse to go with the purse I made her for Christmas. I just love the holidays. It's so much fun when you have little ones and they get excited about the littlest things. The way their faces light up when you talk about Santa. The way Natalie constantly wanted to sing Christmas songs and is upset now that the radio doesn't play them anymore. I especially love that she added her own line to "Santa Clause is coming to town." She sang it to Julia when we were on our way back from Thanksgiving. She sang, "He sees you when you're sleeping, he sees you when you are awake. He sees you when you're making a mess, so be good for goodness sake!" Julia was having a hard time and Natalie made it all better by singer her to sleep, she kept saying, "It's OK Julia, we're almost home, just go to sleep." As she stroked her face. Anyway, I loved seeing the joy of it all through my child's eyes. She asked Santa for yellow treats in yellow wrapping paper, and a princess Belle doll. And that is just what she got, and lots more.

2 comments:

Jill said...

They are so cute. We sure miss your adorable girls. Dallas asks to look at pictures of Natalie on the computer still. I love the crying pictures too - but that's all I have of both of my boys STILL. I hope you're doing well!

Sariah English said...

Iam so sad that my kids have out grown the terrified of Santa stage. I loved those photos. It looks like you had a great Christmas!!