Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Uncle Jake in town



We got to go swimming in Uncle Jake's hotel while he was in town on business. We had so much fun. There was a little girl swimming at the same time we were and she asked Natalie if Jake was her dad. She got very passionate about her response and said, "NO, that's not my dad, I have a different dad!" Then the whole way home from the hotel, which was about 30 minutes, Natalie was sniffling and saying, "I miss uncle Jake. When do we get to see him again? Why can't he come home with us? I want Uncle Jake." It was almost a fake cry, but I couldn't help but smile at how cute it was. I'm glad my kids have gotten time to spend with him. We are praying they get stationed somewhere close so she can get to know her cousins. We had such a fun time. We played games together that week. I also got to go to a session at the temple with him and my dad and that was a blessing. I'm so glad he came we had some good talks and he said some wonderful things about his wife. I'm glad that I have him as an example to me.

1 comment:

Sariah English said...

OH what a handsome man! I must say I might just have a crush on him. Oh.. wait, that is my husband! Thanks for the wonderful post! I loved seeing the photos. He still talks about how much fun he had with you and your girls!