(Okay, not sure why this came out side ways, it wasn't like that before uploading.) Natalie's cousin Clair got a new bed so she gave her's to Natalie. This was perfect timing since Julia was crawling out of her crib and we were worried she was going to fall on the hard wood floors. So Julia got Natalie's bed. She did really well with it for a while. She's really good about going to sleep right away on her own. But the past few months she's been getting up in the middle of the night and we can't get her to go back to sleep. If she does "sleep through the night" she wakes up at 5 ready for the day. So the whole family has been on limited sleep the past few months. I was talking to my sister-in-law, Michelle, the other day and she mentioned to me what the Supernanny does. I happen to have the book and read up on it. The first 2 times she gets out of bed you put her back and say it's time to go to sleep. Then after that you don't say anything just put them in bed without making eye contact. So I tried it the past 2 nights. The first night I did it about 6 times before she got the hint and went back to sleep, which was amazing to me. Then last night she got up and I only had to put her back once and didn't hear from her again 'til 6:50, which is awsome. We'll see how the rest of the week goes, but I hope this means we get our sleep back, we all desperately need it.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Posted by
Michelle
at
11:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We've had fun with the whole staying in bed with our little boy. Every night we put him in bed, he would get out over and over again. And then he would get up in the middle of the night too. We did the Super Nanny tactic and a million other things to no avail. Finally, we just put one of those child-proof door handle things on his door and shut the door. He gets out of bed, wiggles the door handle, and goes back to bed. It has kept me sane. :) But if Super Nanny's method is working for your little girl, keep it up and good luck!
Oh man, limited sleep is the worst. I'm glad the super nanny advice is working so far. Your girls are still as cute as ever!!!
Erica
Post a Comment