beautiful photos guys! What a special day for your family. I love the close-up pics of Julia. Her eyes are so big and bright. And...SUPER CUTE quilt! Love it.
"Mothers who know do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world's goods in order to spend more time with their children--more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world. Their goal is to prepare future fathers and mothers who will be builders of the Lord's kingdom for the next 50 years. That is influence; that is power." That is What Matters MOST!
Isn't this a good picture of Marc? He's the father of our home and the center of his 3 girl's worlds. He recently got a job with Colliers Int. and we are very excited. He's an accountant who loves sports, spending time with family, sports, being the dad, sports, watching movies, and did I mention sports? And of course mixing sports with spending time with family. All I hear all day long is "Dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, (dadada from Julia) where's dad, I want to be big like dad, my dad doesn't like me to do that, that's my dad's favorite color,my dad said I'm too heavy, I WAANNT MYYY DAADDYYY!" Can you tell they love him?
Natalie
Our little ballerina princess- Natalie loves to help around the house, especially in the kitchen. She is such a good big sister. She is very helpful with Andrea and loves to play with her. She gets along so well with Julia and they love playing together. She loves to read books and write letters. She also loves to paint. She also likes to sleep in just her underwear. She says she loves to feel the softness of the blanket against her skin. She is getting so big and I am already wondering where the time went. She loves her dance class and she is such a little star performer. Natalie says the most beautiful prayers. I love it. She says things like "help us to have our strength", and "help us to be rightous so we can be very blessful." She always mentions her aunt Nicole in her prayers as well. That she can find people to teach the gospel and listen to others. Natalie starts kindergarten this year. I know she's almost 6 but I can't believe it came so quickly! She is so excited and I'm the one who's sad to see her leave me every day. She is so smart! I know she'll do great.
Julia
Our pretty girl- Julia is full of life and energy! But can also sit quietly and read books or play with toys (talking to herself) for long periods of time. She usually plays well with others, but is also content playing by herself. She adores her sisters. I love when she asks to hold the baby and she says, "I hadn't holden her." She has the biggest blue eyes. Everyone says she looks just like her dad, and I agree. She is quite a talker, her vocabulary is very high and she's very smart. She has learned her letters and we are now working on reading simple words. She loves books, story time before naps and bed are her favorite parts of the day. At night before bed she likes to give a squeeze, a squeeze kiss, a hug, and a hug (gentle) kiss to each one of us. She also requests "spiderman kisses" from Andrea (a kiss with Andrea hanging upside down). I call her my fruit baby because she LOVES all kinds of fruit. She loves vegetables too. I love that she's not a picky eater. She has a very infectious laugh. She loves going on "huge" dates with her daddy or really any time she can spend with him. It will be good to have some time together while Natalie is at school. She will love having more attention and getting more of a say in what we do together. It will be fun.
Andrea
Babies grow way too fast for me! It seems like their first year just flies by. Andrea is the best baby that has ever lived, in my personal, unbiased opinion. She is so content all the time! She only cries when she needs to eat or be changed. She has been sleeping through the night since about 6 weeks old. She is very tolerant of the kids playing with her and being pulled in multiple directions. She has a new facination with her tongue, it's so cute! When she does want to eat she is very patient and easily distracted if I can't feed her right away. But she will get upset if I put her off too long. Even in the car she will start to cry, but gives up quickly when she realizes she can't get out and waits 'til we get where we are going. She's my first baby with no interest in a binky, but that's fine with me because she sooths herself. She easily goes to sleep at night, or whenever without one. She is such a huge blessing in our lives! We all feel so blessed to have her. The girls remind me, "Mom, she's not Your baby, she's all of ours". Sometimes I have to be reminded to share. I just love holding her and kissing her and playing with her so much that I get little else accomplished. I figure enjoy it while it lasts. The important things will get done and everything else can wait. Hence the infrequency of blog updates.
5 comments:
beautiful photos guys! What a special day for your family. I love the close-up pics of Julia. Her eyes are so big and bright. And...SUPER CUTE quilt! Love it.
Julia is soo cute. I think she looks a lot like Marc!
And I agree with Mel - super cute quilt. Did you make it, Michelle?
Hey your girls look cute!! Julia looked darling! Congrats! Jill does a family blog check it out http://kyleandjill.blogspot.com/
what a pretty little girl!
She looks so pretty!!! I love all the dark hair and her headband is super cute too.
Post a Comment